Re: [WriteLog] Error Message

To: WriteLog@contesting.com, Roger <jrwise@hbci.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Error Message
From: Jim Harris <jim.w0em@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:35:05 -0800 (PST)
Roger,
I've seen the message as well.  Best I can figure it is because one of the
comports that WL uses is "busy."  Typically I see it after I've used WL and
closed it and then reopened it.  It appears that windows is thinking another
app (WL that was just closed) is using the comport and sends a message to WL to
that effect.  Then WL tells that to you, via the message, there is an error in
opening the port.  But, the message isn't clear as to what is happening.  Since
WL was using the port previously it continues to do so after you click "OK" on
the message.
That is a lot of words but that's my impression of what is happening.
 Recently, at the request of the software developers I've been testing WL
for compatibility with the TS-590 and FTdx3000 so I've had considerable
experience opening and closing it with different configurations and seeing the
message.  I've seen a similar message with another piece of software under the
same conditions.
Fortunately, it appears to be just an information message that is of no
apparent consequence after clicking the "Okay."

Take pride in the USA. 73

Jim, W0EM