[WriteLog] Question on location of a station

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>, "N1MM Logger" <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Question on location of a station
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:25:43 -0700
During the BARTG Sprint this weekend, I worked a friend, WL7RV,
who lives here in Colorado Springs.  When he sent his call, Writelog
showed him in Alaska.  (A mutual friend said the N1MM did the same
thing).  Since I knew he was not in Alaska, I edited my Writelog entry
to WL7RV/0.  It still showed him as Alaska.  Knowing I had a credit for
a multiplier that wasn't actually a multiplier, I re-edited his call to
W0/WL7RV and it then showed up properly as in the United States and
not Alaska as a DX Multiplier.

In any contest that he may enter, does he need to sign hic call as W0/WL7RV
so that he shows up as in the lower 48 and not as a station in Alaska?

I would assume that several people would perhaps like to know how to
handle this situation.  Since I knew that Bob was NOT in Alaska, I felt that
I needed to correct it so I wouldn't be claiming a multiplier that was not a
true mult.

Any comments from the contesters out there?  How can this be corrected so
that he does not have to preface his call with a "W0/"?  Somebody has got to
have run into this before and may know how to correct it.

Dick - W0RAA
My memory isn't as good as it used to be.
Also, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.