Re: [WriteLog] Problem with DCU-2

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with DCU-2
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:02:20 -0800
You should not have to put in the full call sign, or TAB, or SPACE to the next field. I often just type in a prefix in the call field and hit my shortcut key to move the rotor and it works with no problem. Have you checked Setup/Ports and clicked on the Rotator Control tab after it quits working? Does it still show the correct port and DCU-1 selection?

If the USB port is apparently still in Device Manager and if the WL port assignment and DCU-1 designation are correct my only guess would be the driver installation. Either the driver has a bug in it or the install didn't go correctly. You might try doing the driver install again and see if Windows can do a better job of identifying the device.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>