Re: [WriteLog] 2 Tone Works Now MMTTY Doesn't

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 2 Tone Works Now MMTTY Doesn't
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:42:44 -0400

Now, when open the "TU type" and check "XMMT.ocx", one of the two 2
Tone windows closes and then reopens on top of the other 2 Tone
window. Do not get the "Setup XMMT.ocx" window. So what did I delete
that I shouldn't have or is there something else needs to be done?

*Every* instance of MMTTY and 2Tone must be in its own directory and
each RTTYrite Window (Radio 1, Radio 2, Clone, etc.) must refer to
a different directory.

The [RTTYrite], [RTTYrite2],  [Rttyrite=Clone#], and [Rttyrite2-Clone#]
sections contain location and size information for the RTTYrite windows.
*HOWEVER* the location for the MMTTY and 2Tone tuning displays/control
panels is stored in the ini file *in each MMTTY/2Tone directory*.

If you try to run multiple MMTTY or 2Tone instances from the same
directory *they will open on top of each other*.

You want to create *at least* two MMTTY directories and two 2Tone
directories - that will allow a combination of four decoders - Main
and Sub Rx or Radio 1 and Radio 2 each with one Clone window.  If
you need more Rttyrite windows, you must create more directories for
MMTTY and/or 2Tone.

*DO NOT* try to share the same MMTTY directory between the old plug-in
and the new XMMT.ocx interface.  IMO, the old plug-in should be
uninstalled - it is too limited and unreliable compared to XMMT.ocx
when XMMT.ocx is properly configured.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV