Re: [WriteLog] DVK Audio

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] DVK Audio
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:52:36 -0800
We might need a bit more info to solve your problem. Have you checked the path to your wav files in writelog.ini to be sure it is correct? How have you told WL where to find the wav. files? V10.82 is a while ago, so these directions might be slightly different for your version. Go to Setup/Sound board options... and click on the Wave File Locate... button. Navigate to the path where the wav files are located and click on that folder. When the folder opens click on one of the wav files, doesn't matter which one, to set the path. Make sure your F key wav files are in the format msgn.wav, where n is the number of the F key. In the F key macro make sure the macro syntex is <msgn.wav>, with the opening and closing braces.

If it still won't work it might be time to check out the wav file parameters, specifically the sample rate and the sample format. They must all be the some or some of them may not work. I use a sample rate of 22050 Hz and a sample format of 16-bit. Next go into the Windows Sound control and check the Playback/Advanced tab and check your Default Format. I use 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

I hope you find something in all this that corrects the problem.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Theis" <phil@k3tuf.com>