Re: [WriteLog] can't open RTTYrite window

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] can't open RTTYrite window
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:27:29 -0400

> At that point a message box comes up saying "RTTYrite MFC application
> has encountered a problem & needs to close"  I just dismiss the
> dialogue box and the Radio L RTTYrite window opens along with MMTTY
> and all is good to go for SO2R.

This would indicate there has been a significant problem with your
configuration for quite some time.

> Anyone else experiencing this or have suggestions as how to fix?

As a guess, I would uninstall completely *and* uninstall the SM6SRW
MMTTY plug-in for Writelog (from Windows Control Panel - Programs and
fetures), then completely reboot the computer (cold boot - do not
allow the computer to sleep or use hibernate).

After rebooting, I would suggest a full install of 11.11C (if you
have the full installer) followed by configuring XMMT.ocx (if you
intend to use the new MMTTY plug-in or 2Tone) and then a new install
of the SM6SRW MMTTY Plug-in for WriteLog if you intend to continue
using it.

If that process doesn't fix your problem, you probably have an issue
in the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) libraries and may need to
dig deeper into the operating system.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV