Re: [WriteLog] ALC?

To: Mark G0MGX <mark.g0mgx@gmail.com>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ALC?
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Mark, it actually AFC and there is an option to turn AFC on/off depending on
whether or not there is a callsign in the CALL field of the Entry Window.

In the Rttyrite window, go to the TU Type menu and select TNC Setup. Uncheck
"AFC on/off w/CALL". Also, if you want manual control of AFC, go to the MMTTY
control panel to the Option menu, select Setup. Go to the AFC/ATC/PLL tab
screen and uncheck AFC. Click OK, then on the MMTTY control panel, click the
HAM button to put the Mark frequency back to where it should be.

You want AFC enabled when running (CQ) and disabled when S&P. You should not be
able to manually check and uncheck the AFC button on the control panel to turn
it on and off as needed. When turning AFC off, always remember to reset the
Mark frequency by pressing the HAM button.

73, Don AA5AU