[WriteLog] Access Denied When Settng Up Radio Control

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Access Denied When Settng Up Radio Control
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
I am tearing my hair out trying to get CAT control to work on Writelog with
 my USB to Serial Converter.

I am setting up a Windows 7 laptop for a friend. I have a USB Port Expander
 plugged into one of the USB ports on the laptop.  I have 3 USB to Serial
Converters plugged into the expander.
The come up as COM 5, 6, and 7.

I am trying to set them up as follows:

RTTY FSK / PTT - COM 5
Radio CAT Control - COM 6
CW Keying - COM 7

The RTTY and CW Keying ports work fine.  I am actually using EXTFSK  for
COM 5 but that all seems to be working.

However, whenever I try to setup COM 6 for CAT Control in the Ports Setup
in Writelog, I get Access Denied.

I've gone into admin mode, revealed all my hidden COM ports, deleted  them,
and started over fresh several times adding the USB converters one at a
time.  Again, the RTTY and CW keying work but I always get Access Denied  when
I try to set up the COM 6 to for CAT Control.

Is there something I am missing?  Do I need to enable something in
Writelog.INI?

Lots of hours in this. Any suggestions welcome.

73,

AL, K0AD