Re: [WriteLog] TO1A not in cty file

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] TO1A not in cty file
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 09:29:35 -0700
When I first opened WriteLog for CQ WW Phone this weekend, and worked TO1A,
the country was not resolved.  I wasn't sure if I had the latest country
file so I used the WriteLog utility to download and update wl_cty.dat.
After exiting and re-opening WriteLog, TO1A came up as French Guiana.

Opening the new wl_cty.dat with a text editor and searching on TO1A yields:

French Guiana:            09:  12:  SA:    4.00:    53.00:     3.0:  FY:
    FY,=TO1A;

So, the latest cty.dat correctly resolves TO1A.  And, if it hadn't included
TO1A, it is easy to add it if you know what country it is.  Usually, as in
this case, TO1A Googles to French Guiana.

Ed W0YK

Gary AL9A wrote:

If you work TO1A in the contest that call will score correctly in WL.
Apparently that one is not in the cty file.  A lookup on qrz.com shows he is
in French Guainía.  If you want it to score correctly just click on the
Prefix field for that call and add FY to the empty field.  WL will then
correctly calculate the score and mult.