Re: [WriteLog] DVK won't unkey

To: writelog@contesting.com, steve@ai9t.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] DVK won't unkey
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:43:17 -0400

Steve:

1) make sure you have not selected "sound card PTT" in Router's
   PTT tab.  "Sound card PTT" will hold PTT on as long as the
   sound card is open for output.

2) make sure you have set COMM PTT (software PTT commands) to
   *NO* in Writelog's Setup | Ports dialog.  The K3 has a bad
   "race" condition when command PTT and hardware PTT are both
   used.  With a K1EL WinKey device WriteLog generates all mode
   PTT using the WinKey PTT output (hardware PTT).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV