Re: [WriteLog] ICOM 7600 WL bandmap zerobeating

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ICOM 7600 WL bandmap zerobeating
From: G <rigel001@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:05:51 -0500
Ok thank you
I'll try that next contest
Gilles ve2lx
================

-----Message d'origine-----
De : WriteLog [mailto:writelog-bounces@contesting.com] De la part de
k0bx@arrl.net
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2013 15:31
À : G; writelog@contesting.com
Objet : Re: [WriteLog] ICOM 7600 WL bandmap zerobeating

The trick is to set the Writelog CW Receiver to the CW off-set that you like
to hear.  I think the default is 600 HZ but I prefer 750 HZ.
You have to make an entry in the Writelog.ini file like below:

[Rttyrite]
CW_RECV_FREQ=750  Set it for whatever you frequency is.

THEN you have to set the CW Off-set in your IC-7600.  You might have to look
at the manual, but on most of the newer Icoms you press and hold the "Filter
button" while in the CW Mode.  You can then adjust your rigs off-set to
match Writelog offset.

Then if you use the CW Receiver to "tune-in" a station, you will be zero
beat,  if you click on a spot, then it should be right on freq.
hope this helps?

Joe K0BX

#1 Honor Roll Mixed
Honor Roll RTTY
5BWAS

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
without my permission.