Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Microham PTT Delay with WinKey

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Microham PTT Delay with WinKey
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:28:05 -0500

Per the Microham setup document for Writelog I had 'on LPT pin
16/COMM RTS' selected. I changed that by selecting 'none'. This seems
to have solved the problem. My K3 now returns to receive quickly
after sending a F-Key message.

That should have no effect with microHAM Router - nor will CW PTT Tail
in WriteLog's Setup Options CW/PTT.  The only reason for setting
'on LPT pin 16/COMM RTS' is to keep Writelog from sending PTT ON/OFF
commands as CAT Commands.

The CW tail (and PTT or QSK) is controlled in microHAM Router on the
PTT Tab.

Note: be very careful that you do not put a trailing space on any of
your CW messages.  WinKey will treat that space as a character and
"time it out" before beginning the PTT tail.  At 40 WPM that single
trailing space adds slightly over 200 ms to the PTT tail.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV