[WriteLog] NAQP prefill contest exchange file

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NAQP prefill contest exchange file
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:56:51 -0900
I’ve just downloaded the NAQP History files from the AZ Outlaws web site for
both the CW and SSB contests.  The SSB version is considerably larger than the
CW version, so I decided to combine the two files into a single file and then
eliminate the duplicate calls.  That way if  a CW op decides to also work the
SSB contest he will be in the file.  Ditto for a SSB op who finally decides
it’s time to give CW a go.  I then converted this combined file into a WriteLog
prefill file by adding the necessary filed names and then did another append of
the previous history file I created last year.  So the new combined NAQP CW-SSB
history file now contains 3,832 unique calls, most of them US/VE calls, with a
small scattering of other NA stations.

The new history file can be downloaded at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqz1jhglb2q160a/g4SsQbKyvo/NAQP%20Call%20History.adi

For those unfamiliar with how to use a WL prefill file follow the steps below.

  1.. Download the adi file above and store it on your PC.  The location
doesn’t matter, it can be in Downloads, Documents, WriteLog Program Files, etc.
 Just remember where you placed the file.
  2.. Start WL with the correct contest module and click on Tools/Preset
Exchange from ADI file...
  3.. An Explorer window will open for you to navigate to the location where
you placed the file you downloaded.  Click on the prefill file name and another
small window will open with the field names for this contest module highlighted
in blue.  In this case the field names are NAME, QTH, COUTNRY and C.  Deselect
COUNTRY and C as the only fields you will need are NAME and QTH.  Then click on
OK.
  4.. A progress bar graph will now display on screen showing you the prefill
file is being loaded into WL memory.  At the end of the loading it will show
you the count of how many records were loaded.
  5.. You are now ready to operate the contest normally.  I would recommend you
now click on Setup/Save Configuration.  If you should shut down WL during the
contest to take a break and then restart it, the prefill file will now auto
load for you until you uncheck the option at Tools/Preset Exchange from ADI
file....
When you type in a CALL and space to the next field the prefill file will
automatically fill in the NAME and QTH info for you if the call is in the file.
 As always be sure verify the prefill info with what you copy over the air.
NAQP contests are famous for participants using different names from time to
time and there is always the possibility someone may now be in a different
state.

73,
Gary AL9A