[WriteLog] mmtty seperate tempoarary from writelog

To: "WRITELOG goupe" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] mmtty seperate tempoarary from writelog
From: G <rigel001@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:59:20 -0500
-----Message d'origine-----

De : WriteLog [mailto:writelog-bounces@contesting.com] De la part de Andre
VanWyk

Envoyé : 21 janvier 2014 07:27

À : Gary AL9A

Cc : G; WRITELOG goupe

Objet : Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY separate temporary from WRITELOG

I built an inexpensive keying interface for CW keying so use a separate COM
port for CW. Rigblaster advantage does the rest. ((( is that mean you have 2
interfaces - one for CW PTT & on for RTTY PTT on two different com port ???
)))

This way I have Writelog ready to work CW or RTTY without having to change
anything. I minimize the RTTY screen ((( that mean in WL you open a new
clone window ???))) until I need it.

73

NJ0F

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:00 AM, "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net> wrote:

> Gilles,

> If I understand your question correctly there may be a solution - use
multiple writelog.ini files.

> I have multiple .ini files setup for different mode configurations, I just
give them a temporary name that makes them unique.  So I have a
writelogcw.ini, a writelogrtty.ini and a writelogssb.ini.  When needed I
merely rename the particular .ini file back to writelog.ini so the WL
program will use the settings in that file.

((( to do that you have to close WL, change WL ini file & re open WL unless
you use a clone window ??? )))

> For example, if you are running WL in CW and see a RTTY spot you can (((
shut down the WL CW module ? is this mean close entirely WL  ??? )))

rename writelog.ini to writelogcw.ini and then rename writelogrtty.ini to
writelog.ini.

((( again you have to close WL ??? )))

Now your current ini file is configured for RTTY.  Open another WL module
and it will come up configured for RTTY using MMTTY, or 2Tone, or a
combination of MMTTY and 2Tone in various (((((( clone windows ??? )))))) if
that is what you have setup in that .ini file.  When done working the RTTY
DX, merely reverse the process.  Close the WL RTTY module, rename the
various .ini files back to their former state, and restart the WL CW module.

> A bit cumbersome, (((((( - - - I understand a part but to do that you add
a clone window ? the hard point is WL does?nt allow PTT on a port already
configured for a mode - - - )))))) but more efficient than reconfiguring all
the port assignments, TU settings, etc.  I hope this is what you have in
mind.

> 73,

> Gary AL9A

> -----Original Message----- From: G

> Sent: January 20, 2014 7:37 PM

> To: WRITELOG goupe

> Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY separate temporary from WRITELOG

> Sometime I browse on all HF bands for DX spots from web cluster sites.

> My writelog is configured fo CW and if needed rapidely I close WL

> temporary and open MMTTY.

> Can we configure MMTTY to have access temporary to com port setting,

> entering a com port, working on bands and when terminated removing

> those temp configurations & return to WL CW settings as it was ???

> Gilles   VE2LX

You may answer directly to me to free the site and mainly if there is more
procedure infos to do

Rigel001@sympatico.ca