Re: [WriteLog] CW speed change - how?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW speed change - how?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:55:12 -0900
Ed,

Your WL version is a bit long in the tooth, but there is something to check on. If you haven't done so already, you need to define the various CW speeds you want to have available within WL. In the current V11.18C this is done at Setup/Ports then scroll over to find the tab called CW Speeds. I don't recall from memory how to get to this window in V10.69D, but it's there somewhere. Look through the various menu choices on the top line of the WL window. It may be under Setup or Tools.

Once you find the CW Speeds window it is a grid of 16 squares for you to enter various CW speeds. Say 15, 18, 20, 22. 23, 24, etc. The current CW Speeds window has two horizontal rows with the speeds increasing from left to right on the top row and then left to right on the bottom row. In older WL versions I think the window was more of a square grid and you started in the first column and increased the speeds as you went down the column. Then continue increasing the speeds on the next column, etc. until the grid squares are all filled in. You may have to experiment with this a bit to make sure you have the speeds in ascending order rather than some random order. Click on OK to save your choices.

Now go into a WL CW contest module and hit either the Page Up or Page Down key and watch the bottom row of the WL desktop - second box to the left of the contest module title. You will see the default CW speed appear. If you have arranged your CW Speeds window correctly a Page Up will increment the speed up to the next speed in the grid. Each Page Up key press will increment the speed up. The Page Down key will decrement the speed with each key stroke. Go through all the settings and make sure they are in order. If not, go back to the CW Speeds window and rearrange the speed settings until they are in the correct order.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Ed Benkis