Re: [WriteLog] The day has come...... (Win 8)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] The day has come...... (Win 8)
From: Steve AI9T <steve@ai9t.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:49:43 -0400
Hi Ray

I wouldn't be to worried about XP. It will be in use for a long time without anymore patches for Microsoft. Those guys that are trying to sell computers are liable to tell you anything.

If you do fell that you need to buy a new computer with Windows 8.1 installed on it. You shouldn't have any problems with most Ham programs. I have not found any that won't run on 8.1 yet.

You should create a new folder on the root of your c: drive. I call mine Ham Programs. That is where I install all my Ham related programs. So far everything I run with Windows 8.1 has not needed to run in compatibility mode.

I run MMTTY, Writelog, DX Lab Suite of programs, Airlink Express, N1MM, 2Tone, VE7CC, PST Rotor, Morse Runner, Morse Machine, Fkeys, Microham Router, all the Elecraft Utilities. I have had no problems running any on them.

Steve AI9T

http://www.ai9t.com

AI9T DX Cluster

Version 4 AI9T   Telnet: dxc.ai9t.com port 7300
Version 6 AI9T-2 Telnet: dxc.ai9t.com port 7373 (CW + Skimmer)