Re: [WriteLog] 2Tone v14.07b with FSK & PTT now

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 2Tone v14.07b with FSK & PTT now
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:48:19 -0500
I've changed my mind about using 2Tone FSK in the main Rttyrite window for the
contest. There is a slight delay between hitting an F
key and when the radio keys up.

Also, like hardware-FSK, it spits out the characters of the message onto the
screen before they are actually sent. I'm going back to
software-generated FSK even though I am using legacy serial ports on each PC.
Software-generated FSK will work for both
USB-to-serial adapters and legacy serial ports and seems to have better timing
although I've not measured it.

73, Don AA5AU