[WriteLog] Win8 and PCIe comports

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Win8 and PCIe comports
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:04:24 -0400
I do not believe this is actually a WL problem, but I was curious if others have seen the same issues. I have a Rosewill PCIexpress comport (4 ports) board in my Win8 machine, When I setup for the NAQP RTTY i experienced a host of comport issues. Com 1 seemed to work fine, however Com 2 and 3 were having great difficultly working with WL. They would work for a minute or two and then hang and then would not work at all. I finally pulled the board and used USB/232 adapters.

As I said I really do not think this is a WL issue. Have others had these issues with WL and Win8 using a PCIe comport card?

Thanks

Rich