[WriteLog] strange function key behavior

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] strange function key behavior
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:01:55 +0000
During cqww rtty I had some strange behavior of the function keys. I am using Writelog 11.21 with Windows 7

I would end up with one function key sending different message each time it was pressed. Or several function keys sending the same message repeatedly.

The trigger event seemed to be when I pressed two function keys in quick succession - for example, I wanted to send my "zone" message two times. Or I have one function key that sends my call twice and another that sends my call once. I I press the key to send my call twice and then quickly press the key to send my call once, only the two call message got sent. Later when I pressed another key, to send a report, the single call message would go out.

I have never seen this problem before. I have always been able to interleave calls on both radios and to be able to "chain" calls together in the past.

Shutting Writelog down and restarting cleared up the problem until i pressed another two keys too quickly.

Anyone seen this problem? I get to be w1aw/4 on rtty in a week; i don't want to run into this issue then.

Jerry, W6IHG