Re: [WriteLog] Point-and-click vs using the keyboard

To: "Ray Day" <rayday@cox.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Point-and-click vs using the keyboard
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 18:43:03 -0000
Interesting.

Most of my contesting is CW, and I want no part of the mouse when contesting. The only time I want my fingers to leave the keyboard in the hit of battle is to use the paddle to get or provide fills.

Point and click is a speed-killing distraction to me.

I "grew up" in radio as a Navy Radioman, and in computer-aided contesting in CT. Both were very keyboard-centric environments. The reason I continue to pay for WriteLog vs. the "free" alternatives is because Writelog so closely mimics the CT user interface model.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"™
--