Re: [WriteLog] Convert CTY to Writelog question

To: ed@w0yk.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Convert CTY to Writelog question
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:04:54 -0700
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Ed Muns W0YK wrote:

> I have an additional usability question about the WriteLog cty.dat update
> utility.  Why can't it just be a one-step process?

Because the applet can convert other files too.  Like CTY_RUS.DAT
which is used for multipliers in at least one of the Russian DX
contests (Russian DX and/or CQ-M).

However, maybe having one "download and convert" button may not be an
entirely bad idea.

p.s. why is wine so hard to drink? First you have to remove the cork
(sometimes peeling back the foil on the outside).  Then you have to
pour it into a glass before you can drink it. Why can't this process
be simplified?  :-)

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us