Re: [WriteLog] K3 messages for 10 meter

To: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K3 messages for 10 meter
From: Chad WE9V <chad.we9v@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:00:26 -0600
On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net> wrote:

> I managed to setup the K3 DVK so it works with WL. It's actually working
> very well but has two problems:
>
> 1)  For CW, F1-F4 also evoke the K3 memory, and I can't setup the CW
> memories (M1-4) in the K3 without causing gibberish. Can WL distinguish
> between CW and SSB such that the K3 memories are ONLY envoked for SSB?
>
> I can probably get around this by NOT using F1-F4 for CW but old habits die
> hard.

In the CW/RTTY/SSB Memories window, click the SSB radio button.  When
defining the SSB message content, enter the command %GKx in the desired
function key to send Macrox to the radio with keyboard focus.
For example:
F1/F11:   %GK10
F2:   %GK11
F3:   %GK12
F4:   %GK13

(And remove your ini file keyboard shortcuts for RigKbdCommand)

> 2)  Hitting ESC will NOT stop the K3 memory sending. If I hit the wrong key
> by mistake, I have to reach over and hit the K3 REC button .. awkward and
> usually too late. It isn't often that I make that mistake, but I do like to
> record a long CQ and use ESC to truncate at the proper time. However, ESC
> doesn't work when using the K3 DVK.  Is there a way to either make ESC work
> with the K3 memory or some other keyboard key?

You might find it easier to just stomp on the footswitch, PTT or trip your
VOX.  The K3 will stop playing the message.

Chad WE9V