Re: [WriteLog] RTTY FKey Memory line for "W8XXX NOW W9AAA"

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY FKey Memory line for "W8XXX NOW W9AAA"
From: Gary Senesac <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 19:38:06 -0700
Clay,

I'm on the road in AZ and will miss the RTTY RU this year, but from memory here
is the sequence needed for Writelog macros.  You must use two different F key
memory macros to make this work.  I've never seen a way to do it with a single
F key memory that works.

In my case I use the F8 and F9 keys as they are next to each other.

F8 - %R%C TU NOW %L
F9 - %C 599 AK %C %E

Note there is no %E at the end of the F8 macro, nor is there a %R at the start
of the F9 macro.  The %L command Logs the current call in the CALL field and
then pops the next call from the stack into the CALL field.  Since there is no
%E at the end of F8 the radio stays in TX.  The lack of %R in F9 keeps the NOW
message on the same line.  When the second station is worked hit F8 then F9
again to work the next station in the stack.  If there are no more in the stack
and the CALL field is empty hit Enter to send your CQ message.

You need to understand how the stack works in WL to get full benefit of this
procedure.  You need to modify the default stack menu that appears when you
right click on a call to add it to the stack.  I think it is in the
writelog.ini file.  Remove all the menu options that appear except for one.
Then when you right click on a call it is added to the stack immediately
without having to select the add to stack choice from the menu.

Another useful thing to do is to identify two additional unused keys on your
keyboard and setup two keyboard shortcuts to help in manipulating the stack
contents.  I used the "[" and "}" keys, again because they are right next to
each other.  I don't remember the exact shortcut command, but it says to Push a
call to the stack, while the other says to Pop a call from the stack.  By
alternately pressing each key one after the other you can quickly cycle through
the stack contents one by one to find a specific call.  To remove a call from
the stack Pop it into the CALL field and then hit Alt+W to wipe it out.  This
is handy if the station you call with the NOW macros has QSYd and doesn't
respond.  You can clear him out and then manually pop the next call from the
stack into the CALL field and work him.

Good luck and have fun!  Wish I could be there this year.

Gary AL9A
Sent from my Kindle HDX