Re: [WriteLog] P49X Prefill file & Message Info for ARRL RTTY Roundup to

To: k5zd@charter.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] P49X Prefill file & Message Info for ARRL RTTY Roundup today
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 12:09:43 -0400
Won't be able to participate fully so may operate assisted and try to hand
out the 8P mult to as many as possible.

Problem is once you go to computers for contesting where do you draw the
line. We have come to accept SCP as a useful aid which also probably
contributes to errors but I have always used the prefill based on my past
logs and it was always a useful exercise.

Now a couple folks are sharing their databases and I can't see anything
wrong with it.

Some contests actually exchange information that is discernable based
solely on the callsign and the software already knows the exchange.

In the end its all great fun and each operator will decide over time what
helps and what hinders his score.

Have fun.

Regards

Dean 8P6SH