Re: [WriteLog] Fwd: SO2R vs SO1R

To: dmsthill@gmail.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Fwd: SO2R vs SO1R
From: W2GR--- via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 19:06:59 -0500
Hi Dean,

Then I guess by your logic and perspective...why have any catagories at
all?..

To change focus...in contesting to make thing easier (as I see where this
is going)...

Lets have the contest sponsors just eliminate ALL catagories and just have
it..whoever has the most rigs with the most ops...most antennas in the best
 mult. country on the highest hill...take the ribbon. Make it a worldwide
winner  takes all single catagory.

Dean, I think you are over analyzing this...and to look at the classic
category that CQ has created seems to convey that "they" believe there is  an
imbalance these days with SO2R and SO1R...as I have said...times have
changed...Its a start and with luck the ARRL will follow suit.

I do not see a flood of the top SO2R guys scrambling to get into the top
spot in the classic cat. after all the time and effort spent to become tops
in the field of SO2R. And if that happened?..that would be great ...as it
would  give guys (and gals) more incentive and to have something to go after.
And  like I said...now..the only goal SO1R ops have to go after is to be the
 bottom of the top. Of course they could choose to start SO2R and start at
the  bottom and try and get to the skill level and be competitive enough to
be in the  same league with the other more experienced 2R ops....

AND..I would be willing to bet that some of the SO2R guys would have a
hard time competing with some top ops in the 1R catagories...But I guess we
wont know until what you have predicted... happens.

This is the wrong forum to talk about this I guess...its a bit lopsided  ;o)

Its been a decent and adult discussion other than 1 reply at the start  of
it that seemed bent on starting something....(there's always one in the
crowd)

Thanks guys...I'll keep stumping for this in different ways and appreciate
the bandwidth...And to the guys that replied direct to me in support of the
idea  of a separate cat. I will be in touch again soonly.

Oh...and because this IS a WriteLog forum...I have been using WriteLog
since I stopped using TR in DOS in the 90s..and have had questions in the  past
but have usually had them answered by lurking and/or searching the
archives.

73,

Mike W2GR

PS:..I never did get a reply as to WHY NOT?..what would it hurt?
PPS: Anyone have a spare room for Dayton?...

In a message dated 1/9/2015 4:17:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,