[WriteLog] Field Day Classes

To: <SMC@w9smc.com>, "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Field Day Classes
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:32:52 -0900
I'm doing some early prep work for this years ARRL Field Day and have stumbled across something that I've never seen before. At the risk of displaying my colossal ignorance about this subject, could somebody please fill me in on the various Class designation combinations.

I'm looking at some of the downloadable results history files from previous Field Day years and notice Classes such as 1B1B, 1B2B, 1B1, 1B2 2B2B, etc. I think I understand ones like 3AB, 3AC, etc., but could someone enlighten me as to what some of these others mean?

73,
Gary AL9A