Re: [WriteLog] Callsign change

To: <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Callsign change
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:30:57 -0800
There is a very good reason to request different registration codes.  The
problem with only changing CALLPREFIX in writelog.ini (as compared to
getting a new registration key), is that in Rttyrite, your current call will
be highlighted whenever you CQ or someone answers you with your call.  This
is true for RTTY or the CW decoder.  Hitting Insert puts your call in the
Entry window and sends you your exchange!  One work-around is to put dummy
QSOs in the log with your call on each band.  The problem with that,
however, is that WL thinks it has worked the multiplier that you represent.
After the contest, I go in and delete the dummy QSOs.

So, it is a trade-off between requesting a registration key for the call
used in the contest, and dealing with the problem above.

Ed W0YK