[WriteLog] %Mxx macro discovery

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] %Mxx macro discovery
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:31:03 +0000
Gang,

After investigation as to why my use of the %Mxx macro to chain a couple of messages was not working in the last contest using 11.24H, here is what I discovered.

The cw messages seem to occupy the usual space of 2 to 11 for unshifted function keys and 22 to 31 for shifted function keys. The new rtty messages occupy the space of 42 to 51 for unshifted and 62 to 71 for shifted function keys. So %M63 would call the rtty message for Shift+F3 whereas %M23 used to call that message.

So if you use this macro with wl11.24 you might want to make some changes.

73
Jerry, W6IHG