Re: [WriteLog] How to make Writelog see MMTTY????

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] How to make Writelog see MMTTY????
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:21:38 -0800
Ross,

The problem most likely is not with WriteLog, but with some settings in MMTTY. I believe you said you are running XMMT.ocx as the TU type and apparently you have set the TNC in the Setup XMMT.ocx window to point to your MMTTY.exe location. Now click on the XMMT Setup... button in the lower left corner of this window. This will bring up the MMTTY setup window. On the TX tab check the PTT & FSK box to select either your port number or EXTFSK at the bottom of the list if you are running AFSK rather than FSK.

Next click on the Radio command button. In the Commands section note the little box "xx=". This is to enter the hex code of your radio. It must match the radio's hex address. I'm not sure what if anything needs to be done for your 6700 in the other boxes. In the Group box there is a drop box that lists several different brands and models. The 6700 is not among them. In my case my radio is the IC-7600 and the Model selection is Icom CI-V and the Group is set to Icom xx=addr 01 - 7F, menaing the xx= hex address must be in the range of 01 to 7F. Afraid I can't help you much more on this tab.

On the Misc tab check the TX Port area. If you are running AFSK, check the Sound button. If running FSK check the COM-TxD(FSK) button and then click the USB Port button and select item C: Limiting speed.

The final thing to check is the SoundCard tab. This lists all the audio devices on your machine for Reception and Transmission. Make sure the correct sound card choices are made for your desired setup. The lists are numbered sequentially beginning with 0 for the first item in each list. After selecting the ones you want make note of their number position in the listings and then go back to the Misc tab and make sure the Device Identifiers box shows the correct RX and TX audio choice numbers you selected on the SoundCard tab.

That's all I can think of at the moment to get WriteLog and MMTTY working together. Good luck.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Ross Biggar