Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC from DVK help

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC from DVK help
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:49:25 -0800
Bob,

I operate the WAE SSB QTC exchange a bit differently than Randy. I do use the DVK to send each QTC, but send each one individually either by clicking on one in turn, or using a number key to specify the next one, or just pressing the UP or DWN arrow key. What I try to avoid is clicking on the Xmit QTCs button as this activates the DVK to send all the QTCs non-stop from first to last. I prefer to send them one at a time, as in CW, and get an acknowledgement that it is ok at his end before sending the next one. If he should ask for a fill then I use my voice and mic to send the portion he missed.

Using the DVK helps a lot in this contest where there is a lot information to exchange. However usage must take into account band conditions at the moment. From your QTH into EU using the DVK would probably work most anytime. From my QTH though I must be certain that there is good propagation over the pole before attempting to use DVK as it is just asking for problems with a weak polar path.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Henderson