Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog 11.29 is now available! - writelog.ini question

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog 11.29 is now available! - writelog.ini question
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:58:41 +0000 (UTC)
Robert, the writelog.ini file can be opened through a start menu option. Go to
your Windows start menu and find the WriteLog group. In that group should be a
short called "Edit Writelog.ini". Click on that to open writelog.ini.
If you can't find that, the actual file is located here for Windows Vista and
later:
C:\Users\USERXX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\WriteLog.ini

Where USERXX is the user name for the account you are using.
For Windows XP, writelog.ini is located in the C:\Windows directory.
Under the [Configuration] section (I think it is, I'm at work and doing this by
memory), add the line:
CtCompatibleAccel=YES
Make sure you copy this command exactly as shown.
This will allow you to use F1. Personally, I've never used CtCompatibleAccel.
It's a throwback to the old CT days I think. It's a personal preference where
to use F1 or F2 for CQ. There may be advantages or disadvantages but I'm not
aware of any at the moment. I've been using F2 for many years.
CU in the contest and have fun!

73, Don AA5AU