Re: [WriteLog] FW: Web Update Data Files

To: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>, 'Writelog Reflector' <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FW: Web Update Data Files
From: Steve Woodruff <steve@n9oh.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:55:49 -0500
Hi Alan,

Just do
1) File -> Web update data files …
2) Click the download button
3) Leave all items highlighted and click OK
4) click OK to restart WriteLog

You can also install the CTY files maintained by Jim AD1C:
http://www.country-files.com/contest/writelog/

Note that a CTY file update is not the same as a master file update.  For that
you do:
1) Setup Menu -> Super Check Partial …
2) Point to the master.dta file you wish to use.  The one saved from the Web
update data files is not the same one that is found in c:\program files
(x86)\writelog\programs.    The new one is saved in the C:\ProgramData\WriteLog
directory and its called master.dta.  All your CTY files are found there also
but they have .dat and/or .bin extensions.

Enjoy,

Steve N9OH