Re: [WriteLog] Sound Board Mixer Control

To: Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net>, Writelog <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound Board Mixer Control
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:54:25 -0500

For setting output audio, use the Windows Volume Mixer (includes
embedded level meters for output and each source [application]).
For setting input levels, use the meters in the Windows Sound Control
Panel (Recording tab) - each active (Ready) device has a "stacked LED"
display.

Windows Volume Mixer and the Sound Control Panel are the only reliable
controls for Vista and later versions of Windows as the operating
system no longer permits any application direct access to the hardware
mixer controls.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV