Re: [WriteLog] Where oh where are my .dat files?

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, "WriteLog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Where oh where are my .dat files?
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:12:38 -0600
Randy:

For Windows 10:

The WriteLog program files including WriteL32.exe should be in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\WriteLog\Programs\

The program data files WriteLog uses are in:
C:\ProgramData\WriteLog\
This is where wl_cty.dat, the SCP (.DTA) files, etc. all go.

Log files go in:
C:\Users\Randy K5ZD\My Documents\WriteLog\Contest\

The WriteLog initialization file writelog.ini is in:
C:\Windows\

These are the defaults.

Make a new folder called C:\Unzipped
Download the latest country files from
http://www.country-files.com/
It will be a .zip file
Copy the downloaded .zip file to C:\Unzipped
Unzip it
Copy the unzipped files to C:\ProgramData\WriteLog

Go to Start => All apps => WriteLog > Convert CTY to WriteLog
Click on Convert wl_cty.dat

You're all done. You've got the latest and all the files are where they
should be.

73,
Marsh, KA5M