[WriteLog] PTT Issues with RTTY

To: Writelog <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT Issues with RTTY
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 06:08:17 -0600
I've been working through a PTT problem with Writelog/MMTTY. I'm running the following configuration:

Writelog 11.32D
MMTTY 1.68a
Microham MK2R+ SO2R controller
Pair of K3's.

When I select XMMT as the TU type I get a 1 to 2 second delay before the rig goes back to receive. When I send the same canned message a 2nd time, say F11 to CQ, the PTT prematurely stops, however, I can see that writelog is finishing the message. The PTT indicator/LED on the MK2R+ stops but the CW/FSK indicator/LED is still flashing until the message is complete.

If I change the TU type to MMTTY everything works as it should.

I've gone through all of the setup procedures that I can find but I can't seem to find the setting to correct the problem.

My understanding (or miss understanding) is that XMMT is the preferred TU over MMTTY.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rich - N5ZC