Re: [WriteLog] F10 key problem in V12

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] F10 key problem in V12
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 23:31:34 +0000
> I continue to have problems with the macros being sent by the F10 key and
> wonder if anyone else who is running WL V12 is seeing similar behavior.

Yes, I confirm this is the behavior of V12 and the F10 key. This came
from the conversion
of WriteLog to the newer user interface framework from Microsoft. While
there had been
some complaints about F-keys and keyboard focus earlier, it was not
until the most recent series
of postings specifying the F-10 key that I figured out what was wrong.

On any up-to-date Windows application that has a menu, press the F10 key
and watch what happens:
the keyboard focus moves to the menu. Because of that standard, I
hesitate to call this behavior a "bug"
although I admit that doing both the standard behavior and sending the
F-key message together
cannot be right: one or the other should suffice.

Version 12.03 will "fix" this. "Fix" means that, should you have F10
defined in keyboard shortcuts,
then the "focus on the menu" behavior will be disabled and you get the
message transmission.
On the other hand, if you leave F10 undefined, you'll get the Windows
standard behavior.

Thank you for your patience.

Wayne