Re: [WriteLog] weirdness this weekend

To: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>, Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>, "w5xd@writelog.com" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] weirdness this weekend
From: Keith Beebe W3KB <keith@w3kb.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:05:15 +0000
I kept getting the same error ("An unknown error occurred while accessing {my
log file path and name}" until one day, I got a "Server Busy" notice. That gave
me a clue.  I do not network Writelog, it only operates on one computer.

Yet somehow, networking was activated.

I eliminated the problem by deleting all items in the [Network] section of the
Writelog.ini file except for the wlogpkt=1 reference.  In the  [Configuration]
section, I deleted the StationID= and MyNodeName=

In other words, since I am not using networking for logging, I deleted
references to it in the Writelog.ini file.

Have not had the error since.

Keith W3KB