Re: [WriteLog] cursor focus flys away

To: "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] cursor focus flys away
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:49:41 -0900
By chance are you guys running Win 10? I just got that system on a new pc and stumbled into a problem with the F10 causing a change in focus. I'm also running V12, but turns out it isn't a WL bug. Whenever I would press F10, whether it had a macro in it or not, the focus would change to the File selection in the menu bar. Press Enter and the File options window opens showing the list of choices there.

Wayne tracked it down to a built in "feature" inherent in Win 10 where the F10 key is used by Windows to change focus. He is working on a fix for an update in the near future. I believe he will fix WriteLog so that if there is text in the F10 memory location, i.e. a macro, then it will send the macro text. If the F10 key location is empty then the default Win 10 function will still be active and change the focus.

If you are also running Win 10 there may be some other key press functions embedded in the OS by Microsoft and you are accidently triggering some unexpected behavior. If you’re not running Win 10 then it must be something else.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Randy Thompson K5ZD