[WriteLog] K3, Writelog V12, Windows 10 64, Prolific USB-serial adapter

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] K3, Writelog V12, Windows 10 64, Prolific USB-serial adapter
From: Tom Sneden <tsneden@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:16:56 -0700
New to WriteLog and having problems interfacing it to my K3. I'm not trying
to do anything fancy yet.
Computer has no problems connecting to K3 direct for updates and such.
My LP-Pan with NaP3/LP-Bridge works perfectly. This has been taken out of
the loop while troubleshooting the WriteLog issue.

Computer is connected directly to the K3/P3.
WriteLog setup: Com Port 4
CW: not checked
DVK: greyed out
Rig Type: K3
Baud Rate: 38400
Poll: is checked
Comm Ptt: no
DVK type: Windows sound board
CW Keyer type: blank
So2R Control: none

Symptom:
With WriteLog running (displaying the proper band, mode and frequency in
the lower left window) everything works as it should until I switch bands.
As soon as I press the band switch button on the K3, the K3 changes bands
and goes into transmit and is unresponsive to any button pushes with the
exception of powering down the radio OR closing down WriteLog (which stops
the transmission) but then the K3 still needs to be powered down and
restarted before it works correctly.

My end goal is to use the K3 with the LP-Pan/NaP3/LP-Bridge with WriteLog
for logging and voice keying

73 de Tom, K6VCR