Re: [WriteLog] CSS and MicroKeyer II

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CSS and MicroKeyer II
From: Wayne <support@writelog.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 16:43:51 +0000
> I've gotten confused while trying to get the CSS to run with my MK2.
> My radio is TT ORion 565.
That is definitely a true statement because the CSS includes its own CW
and SO2R implementations. Trying to make it "run with MK2" is destined
for frustration.

The WriteLog setup (stuff that is written to writelog.ini and its
registry version) is rather different for the CSS compared to running
against actual CW and/or SO2R hardware. I should have thought of this
before now, but here is a better-late-than-never recommendation:

1. Assuming you have WriteLog configured properly to work with your CW,
SO2R, rig hardware, etc, when you bring up WriteLog, uses its startup
screen button (way over to the right) to EXPORT your settings. Name that
file something along the lines of
writelog-setup-that-works-on-my-hardware.ini.

2. Now bring up WriteLog and go to Setup/Ports. Follow the instructions
in the CSS help file. This setup will UNDO any CW or SO2R setup you have.

3. Use WriteLog's Setup/Save-Configuration.

4. The next time you run WRiteLog (maybe exit it and restart it right
now) use the Export button again, but this name name the file
writelog-setup-that-works-on-CSS.ini

5. Now when you bring up WriteLog, you can use Import on the startup
screen to use your hardware or the CSS

Wayne