Re: [WriteLog] Saving Preset files problem

To: "'Ken Eigsti'" <diverkene@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Saving Preset files problem
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:39:08 -0800
Hi, Ken.

I'm not completely following your description below.  What do you mean by,
"the PRESET file is no longer there"?

To setup Exchange Preset in WriteLog, you simply access the Preset item on
the Tools menu and point to the ADI file you want to use for preset
exchanges.  If the ADI file is an unmodified log file, it will take a long
time to load.  It is best to edit it down to only US/VE calls in one column
and their QTH in a second column.  All other information is superfluous, not
used and in the way.  All columns other than CALL and QTH can be deleted.

When you exit WriteLog and re-enter using the same log file that you just
setup preset in, WriteLog will go to the location where you originally
pointed to for the preset ADI file.  IOW, the preset ADI file must remain in
the location where you first pointed to it with the Tools/Preset Exchange
window.  Otherwise, no calls/exchange data will be loaded.

Ed W0YK