[WriteLog] repost contest editing

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] repost contest editing
From: Dave Sublette <k4to@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:03:58 -0500
Thanks for the responses to my question.  They were helpful.  However, I am not
out of the woods yet.  My version is 10.57H, Dated December 2005.  I know. I
should probably buy a new one  :-)

When I click on an entry, I am able to edit Time, Frequency, and something else
(I forget).  But I cannot edit QTH.  I need to enter the state, country, etc…

So… I opened it in a text editor, as one of the suggestions told me to do.  I
was able to enter the missing data and I now have an accurate log.  But it is
in .txt format.  I am not able to save it in  the .wl format as required by the
program.  That means I can’t open it and generate a cabrillo document to
submit.

So —  I need to convert a comma delimited text format to cabrillo.  Or I need
to submit a .txt format file to the contest folks.  I’m not sure which way to
go.

I apologize for all this trouble.  But due to medical issues for the past five
years, I haven’t done any contesting and I am way behind in my knowledge of
current procedures.  I am happy to report that my health has improved greatly
and I am now pretty much back up to speed.  It’s fun to be back.

So ..  thanks for you help and let’s see if I can get this thing wrapped up and
my log submitted for the CQWW160CW contest from this weekend.

73,

Dave, K4TO