Re: [WriteLog] Sound card interfaces?

To: W5XB <w5xb@att.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound card interfaces?
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:33:19 -0400
Grant

I was an early adopter of the first microHam interface and also one of the
first to upgrade t the MK2R+ more than 10 years ago.

I have only positive things to sy not only about the interfaces but also
the quality of support from both OM7ZZ and W4TV.

After initially setting up several interfaces once I moved to the uHam
interfaces there was no turning back. On my SO2R setup I am decoding 3 -
sometimes 4 audio streams.

Mostly I like the streamlined interfacing using custom cables. Gets
expensive if you're swapping out rigs often but I have 4 cables that have
covered about 4 different rig changes over the years. There is also a great
second hand market for these cables so you can always find some at about
60% of new price.

These interfaces do a whole lot more and I am using mine to provided
amplifier switching with variable timing - and it can be used to sequence a
mast-mounted pre-amp. It can also provide band data outputs to control
automatic amplifiers too. Lots of functionality and very well documented.
lots of sample configurations to get you operational quickly.

GL.

Dean - 8P2K

*Dean St.Hill*

*Barbados.JustAskLocals.com <http://Barbados.JustAskLocals.com>*