Re: [WriteLog] K3 DVR

To: "Robert ." <woodr90@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K3 DVR
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 16:32:56 +0000
Instead of [KeyboardShortcuts] you should define the macros in an
[Elecraft_K3_Commands] section of writelog.ini:

[Elecraft_K3_Commands]
Macro_10=SWT21;

Follow the steps in the following link exactly and you should be able to both
play back and record messages using the F keys. This should give you a good
starting point and you can then tweak things from there.

http://lists.contesting.com/_writelog/2016-11/msg00063.html

73,

-Mike, N7MH

Robert, W5AJ, wrote:

________________________________

At P4 station and can't get the F keys to fire the K3 DVR
K3, DVR works fine from M1 key on front panel
COM2 is used for rig control
thoughts anyone??

Version 12.06b

I export to writelog.ini
edit in
[KeyboardShortcuts]
Macro_10=SWT21;

in the message keys for SSB
%GK10

but nothing happens at K3....
Rig frequency is correctly displaying in writelog btw

73 Robert W5AJ

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:58 AM, Mike Heideman
<mike_heideman@hotmail.com<mailto:mike_heideman@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Robert, W5AJ, wrote:
> Is there any method that will allow function key (say F1) to send message in
> Bank1 M1
> And then allow function key (say F5) to send message in Bank 2 M1
> Without holding the REC button...
> So the F key always defines which bank / M without issuing command to switch
> banks

The only control for changing K3 DVR memory banks is a toggle, either via the
REC hold or the equivalent SWH37; sent from the computer. The K3 Programmer's
Reference documents a method for retrieving the current memory bank which could
be used by software to conditionally switch banks, enabling two function keys
to play back the M1 message in each of the two banks. Unfortunately the
Writelog macros do not provide a way of retrieving a response to a CAT command
sent to the K3.

The details of how Writelog could be modified to implement this behavior are in
this post I made in November.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/2016-11/msg00068.html

I think that Wintest may be capable of interpreting responses to CAT commands
which would enable the direct addressing of all 8 DVR memories.

In some recent phone contests I set up Shift-F5 to toggle the DVR memory banks.
My main purpose was so that I could occasionally throw in a longer CQ while
Auto-CQing. This had one major drawback - since the Timed-CQ interval must be
specified as the time between the starts of successive CQs, not the time
between the end of one CQ and the start of the next CQ, the next CQ after a
long CQ would start up too early, before I'd typed even one character of a
callsign.

73,
-Mike, N7MH