Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2702 Country Files - 14 February 2017

To: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2702 Country Files - 14 February 2017
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:19:12 -0700
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Alan Zack K7ACZ wrote:

> If so, I need to warn everyone who used WriteLog in the ARRL DX SSB last
> weekend that the call WP2AA comes up as United States and NOT U.S. Virgin
> Islands. I worked them on four bands and corrected my log from United States
> to KP2 U.S. Virgin Islands after each contact. After the contest I went back
> to the above mentioned WL_CTY.DAT file and searched for WP2AA. It shows
> WP2AA as a USA entry WP2AA(5)[8].

The FCC database has a stateside mailing address for WP2AA, so my
software that builds the country files assumed the call was USA.  A
country file release to fix this will be released Tuesday night, March
7 local time (after 0z March 8).

To fix WriteLog, change the country prefix of each WP2AA QSO from K to
KP2 and it will rescore the QSOs.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us