[WriteLog] WriteLog 12.16 update

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog 12.16 update
From: Steve Woodruff <steve@n9oh.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 13:02:59 -0500
Hi Folks,

We have published an update to 12.16G on
http://writelog.com/writelog-versions. This latest 12.16
installer has a "w" after the "G": wl1216Gwmsiupg.exe. This update is
for everyone running 12.16,
but ONLY affects the following Grid Square contest modules:

- ARRL VHF Sweepstakes
- HF Grid Location Contest
- ARRL UHF Contest
- ARRL VHF QSO Party
- CQ WW VHF Contest

The bug is that, on exit, the WriteLog window disappears, but the
program hangs before it fully exits.
The bug only appears on some systems and we have not identified a
pattern that identifies what
systems are affected. If you operate any of the affected contests,
please upgrade as soon as possible.
The fix will also appear in all future upgrades of WriteLog.

The only identification of this release once installed is in Windows
Control Panel, Programs. This latest,
and hopefully last, has WriteLog version number 12.16.18 and is the Grid
Square fix. Versions 12.16.15,
12.16.16 and 12.16.17 have various installer changes that you need to
know about only if 12.16 failed to
install on your system. All installers in the 12.16 series accept the
same range of registration codes.

Thanks,

Steve N9OH & Wayne W5XD