[WriteLog] Writelog version11 - CAT Control & Sending CW Question

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog version11 - CAT Control & Sending CW Question
From: Gene Bunner <AC8RH@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:33:00 +0000
Hello,

I'm new to using Writelog. I've been tasked with setting up one of the stations
for Field Day this year, and I'm having some issues that I'm hoping the experts
here can help with.

I tried in vein to get an Icom IC-706mkiig to work with Writelog. I've searched
the bowls of the web, and thus far have not been successful in getting it to
work.

Moving on, I've decided to try to use my Yaesu FT-1000mp with Writelog, and
have successfully got the computer/Writelog/radio communicating using the RT
Systems USB cable. Writelog will read, and I can change frequency and mode just
fine. So, I seem to be good in the CAT control area.

My question revolves around how to configure sending CW via the computer
keyboard. The folks using the station would like to send CW using the computer
keyboard in Writelog and also have the ability to send CW using a paddle to
fill in. I'm thinking I will need some type of external box/device in addition
to the usb cable that currently connects the radio to the pc to make all of
this happen?

Any help/input that you can provide will be appreciated since I'm new to this
type of setup.

Thanks!