Re: [WriteLog] UDP listener

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] UDP listener
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 14:16:21 -0800
> I found the problem. UDP Listener needs to "Run as Administrator".
> Working now.
> On 12/4/2018 3:44 PM, Mike Seguin wrote:
>
>     I'm testing the new UDP listener. I log a contact in WSJT-X which
>     is being sent to UDP listener. I see it in the status window. But
>     it says: NG WriteLog not running (followed by the ADIF info) and
>     it does not show up in WriteLog
>
>     I have to be missing something...
>
> --
>
> 73,
> Mike, N1JEZ
> "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

I don't have a diagnosis, but something is wrong (i.e. not working as
designed) if the fix is an explicit "Run as Administrator".  There are
very few WriteLog actions that require admin privilege, and ALL of those
are designed to auto-magically pop up the built-in Windows system login
as admin. You should never have to force that issue.

Can you share anything about your installation that you think might be
unique? (Please respond off-list my email reply address)

Wayne