Re: [WriteLog] WWROF file upload

To: "'Steve Lund'" <k6um.elist@gmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WWROF file upload
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:35:21 -0700
Yes and no.

Yes, the WriteLog Cabrillo file still includes SNR (or, 599 if no SNR) in
the Sent and Received exchange fields (versions 12.41 and 12.42.  The
current WW Digi Cabrillo template specifies only Grid Square in the exchange
fields.  The "blame" for this situation is our changing the rules (SNR
optional) and the Cabrillo template (Grid Square only) after the contest
announcement and publication of the rules.  Software loggers like WriteLog
are to be commended for supporting this new contest so rapidly and their
"reward" is that we changed a spec on them.  QRX.

No, the WriteLog ADIF should be fine with the WW Digi ADIF Converter (to
Cabrillo), at least in all the testing I've done.  This is the current
work-around for WriteLog log submittal to WW Digi.  Please send me the ADIF
that isn't working for you and describe the failure so I can figure out
what's going on.

Thanks,
Ed W0YK