[WriteLog] State QSO Party question

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] State QSO Party question
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:33:31 -1000
Looking ahead to next weekends triple QSO Party, Is it possible for me to
expand the QTH field in the HI (in state) module from three characters to
four? If I could do that, I could log stations in the OH QSO party as well
as HI and KS .. both of which use three character QTH designation but OH
uses four.

In the HI module, I can log a KS QSO with the KS county name by using
shift-ENTER.

I'm not worried about the scoring situation. I understand that if I log W0A
in BAR the claimed score won't count this because the HI module wants to
see KS .. not BAR. But the Cabrillo file is OK and will be scored correctly
by the HI log check software. Then I can also send my log to KS as an entry
for that event too. So far, so good.

But if I log W8AAA as ADAM instead of OH, the QTH shows ADA which won't be
credited as OH... and the OH log check won't accept it either.

Is there a way to expand the QTH field by one character?

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU